You Are Reading

0

Classic Neutral Evening Look

Elle 2.06.2011
Hey Everyone!

I thought I'd make my first Makeup post about my classic go-to evening look. I sometimes wear this look during the day as well at a less dramatic scale. Since this is a picture taken earlier, I don't have a step-by-step photo tutorial but that's something I'll definitely work on soon :) I used mostly MAC products (probably my most preferred brand) and a few others. Here is a complete list:

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Painterly Paint Pot
MAC Grain
MAC Romp
MAC Bronze
MAC Mylar
MAC Soft Brown
MAC Mystery
MAC Black Track Fluidline
Dior Diorshow Mascara

So to begin, prime your eyes with Urban Decay Primer Potion (or any other eye primer for that matter), and then lightly apply Painterly all over the lid. With a flat shader brush (I used the MAC 252), pack Grain onto the lid. Then with a blending brush (such as MAC 222), take a bit of Romp and blend into the outer eye, then with whatever is left, work it into the crease going three quarters in - this will create a sort of gradient for your next step. With the same brush, take Bronze and blend into the outer corner, and drag some onto the lower lash line. If you want a more dramatic look (like I have here), take a small shader brush (like the MAC 239) and create a very small wedge shape in the outer corner with Mystery. Finally, use Soft Brown with a blending brush (like a MAC 222 again) and lightly blend it into the crease to create a more shadowy effect. Lastly, highlight your brow bone with Mylar, and also add a little to the inner corner of your eyes to brighten them. Finish with eyeliner and mascara and your look is complete!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Sugar Sweet Beauty