You Are Reading

0

iPhone Cake

Elle 2.06.2011
I suppose I should start this first with some of my latest cake designs. I'm still an amateur of course, but a very quick learner! I initially learned cake decorating when I was about 8 years old as I used to watch my mom (who by the way, is also an avid baker). Ever since then, I'd find myself sneaking into the kitchen, baking a cake when no one was home, and then pulling out my mom's decorating set with her shiny tips and letting my imagination wander. I taught myself how to do borders, flowers, writing, and all that other fancy stuff mostly by looking at decorating magazines and YouTube videos (after I turned 13 and the internet became more popular-that is!). But either way, my most prized creation is my most recent cake that was shaped as an iPhone for my husband's birthday, primarily because it was my first time working with fondant!




So what do you think? I know I've messed up on small little details here and there - but hey, it's only my first time working with it! I hope to definitely make more cakes with this. The only issue I seem to have is that the fondant itself is way too sweet, so most people tend to stay away from it. Just an FYI for those who aren't familiar with that term: "fondant" is a type of icing that's like dough and you roll it out into a sheet and cover the cake to give it that flawless look. You'll see in some of my later posts the difference between fondant and regular icing (as I usually tend to use regular buttercream icing in most of my cakes just because it tastes better and is lighter).

Anyway, that's my first baking post!
Until next time,
Peace :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Sugar Sweet Beauty