You Are Reading

0

Neutral Day Makeup

Elle 2.19.2011
Hey Everyone!

So I thought I'd post a photo tutorial of what I use to achieve my go-to day makeup. It's fairly easy and natural looking without using any heavy face products. I thought I'd do something a little different from the regular warmer brown tones in the crease by using fairly cool-toned. All products are MAC unless otherwise stated.

Eyes:
MAC Painterly Paint Pot
MAC Femme Fi
MAC Patina
MAC Espresso
MAC Mylar
MAC Soft Brown
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
Christian Dior Diorshow Mascara

Face:
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural
MAC Peachykeen Blush
Nars Laguna Bronzer

Lips:
MAC Call My Bluff Lipstick
MAC Viva Glam V Lipglass

So here's how I did it:
First I used Painterly Paint Pot as a base on my eyelids, then packed on Femme Fi all over with a 252 flat brush. Then I lightly blended Patina into my crease with a 222 blending brush until it created a very soft crease line. Finally, using a 239 flat brush, I used Espresso in the outer V area for a bit of definition. Of course if you're looking to create an evening look, you can always pop in a bit of black eyeshadow in the corners for even more definition! Then I used Soft Brown very lightly in the crease to create a more natural blending effect, and lastly, highlighted with Mylar under my brow bone. I lined with fluidline and topped it off with my Diorshow Mascara and voila!

As for the face and lips, it's pretty self-explanatory. After applying moisturizer on my face, I swept MAC Skinfinish Natural all over, and then applied Peachykeen blush on the apples of my cheeks with a 187 Duo Fibre brush. I thought I'd add a bit of color to my skin so I used Nars Laguna bronzer for a natural glow. And lips, I just used Call My Bluff lipstick and then used a coat of Viva Glam V lipglass on top.

This is usually the look I go to when I don't want to use typical warm browns on the outer edges! Hope you liked it! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Sugar Sweet Beauty